On September 23, 2021, The Jacob K. Javits Convention Center announced that the facility will only host VACCINATED events. Masks are also required for all those entering the building (exhibitors, attendees, staff, labor, etc.) Please click through for full details.
STATEMENT FROM JAVITS CENTER:
Effective immediately, proof of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for admission for all events at the Javits Center. This includes all event organizers, contractors, exhibitors and attendees, who will be required to show proof of vaccination in order to enter the convention center. In accordance with New York State and New York City guidelines for large-scale indoor events, individuals ages 12 and older are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO). The Javits Center also requires all visitors to wear face coverings inside the facility regardless of vaccination status.
The Javits Center is following both State and City guidance for large-scale indoor events to create fully vaccinated environments. The Javits Center’s COVID-19 vaccination admission criteria and other public health protocols are being implemented under the guidance of the New York State Department of Health (DOH) in compliance with the venue’s existing contracts.
For proof of vaccination, individuals can use:
- CDC Vaccination Card. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable;
- NYC Vaccination Record or other official immunization record from within or outside the U.S., including from a health care provider. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable;
- NYC COVID Safe App: Android | iOS. You can upload to this app a photo of your CDC vaccination card or other official record, along with your photo ID;
- Excelsior Pass (or Excelsior Pass Plus). To use this app, you will need the phone number or email address associated with your vaccination record. If you are unable to use this app, try one of the other options listed above; and
- Clear Health Pass. To use this app, you will need a unique organization code before scanning your vaccine card or linking your lab account with a one-time login to your health provider.
For all upcoming events, the Javits Center has been working closely with event organizers to ensure we provide a safe and controlled environment. In concert with city and state officials, the Javits Center has:
- Installed High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) air filters to reduce air pollutants throughout the convention center;
- Installed socially distanced seating in all food and beverage areas;
- Installed hand-sanitizing stations in public areas; and
- Received Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) accreditation, the industry’s highest standard for cleaning and disinfection.
Please contact our Sales and Marketing Department or your Event Solutions Manager if you have any questions about the safety protocols for an upcoming event.