Deadline for Submissions from Members and Students is June 30, 2022
The New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists (NYSCC) announces that it is accepting applications for seven scholarship and grant programs. These programs are designed to promote enrichment and advancement in cosmetic science. Four of these programs are new, and students, members, and institutions are encouraged to apply soon as most of the deadline dates are June 30, 2022.
The expanded NYSCC scholarship and grant offerings this year include:
– Roumelia Alina Inclusion & Diversity Scholarship awarded to an undergraduate or graduate student who exemplify hard work, perseverance, compassion and collaboration in the advancement of Inclusion & Diversity initiatives.
– General Education Scholarship a one-time award for undergraduate and graduate students who wish to pursue a career in cosmetic science.
– Future of Sustainability Scholarship is a new program encouraging undergraduate and graduate students to start thinking about how the industry can address major sustainability challenges.
– The Board Choice Scholarship created to inspire student members to reimagine the future of NYSCC. This new scholarship is the largest given by the chapter and will only be awarded to one lucky undergraduate or graduate student.
– Upskilling Grant for active members who want to take their credentials or professional development to the next level. In this new grant, special consideration will be given to unemployed members who need to obtain skills to help them get back to work.
– Mentee Next Steps Grant is also new and exclusive to NYSCC mentees who need financial support to reach the next milestone in their education and career paths.
– Grant for Educational Institutions awarded to organizations promoting enrichment and advancement of cosmetic science. There are two application deadlines for this grant on July 31st and October 21st.
“We are proud of our scholarship and grant programs and excited to be able to expand its scope and offerings. Under the leadership of Toussaint Jordan, chair of the scholarships and grants committee, and together with the NYSCC board, this year we went the extra mile and not only we created more scholarship and grant opportunities, but we tripled the total amount of dollars to give away! NYSCC is committed to providing financial assistance to ensure students and young professionals across the country have access to quality education that will eventually lead to a successful career in cosmetic science, this is our mission!” said Giorgio Dell’Acqua, Chair, NYSCC. “We also are thrilled to be able to give back to our members to support and enhance their professional development.”