Changes and Acceptance
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please submit your request at https://nyscc.org/support
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing any NYSCC services, including all website functionality and third-party services provided for users, you are agreeing to be bound by these Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or website) for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
– modify or copy the materials;
– use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
– attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on NYSCC’s web site;
– remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
– transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by NYSCC at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The website provided “as is”. NYSCC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, NYSCC does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall NYSCC or its suppliers, third-party vendors or custom website be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the website or services provided by NYSCC, even if NYSCC or a NYSCC authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you. The user agrees to indemnify and hold NYSCC and its third parties harmless against any and all claims, costs, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to activity pertaining to services provided. The user represents and warrants to NYSCC that to the best of the user’s knowledge, use of the user content and intended functionality does not infringe the rights of any third party. NYSCC represents and warrants to the user that to the best of NYSCC’s knowledge, the deliverables will not violate the rights of any third parties.
- Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing in support documentation include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. NYSCC does not warrant that any of the materials are accurate, complete, or current. NYSCC may make changes to the website and materials at any time without notice. NYSCC does not, however, make any commitment to update the website or materials.
NYSCC has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its services and is not responsible for the contents of any such links. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by NYSCC of the site or services. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
- Governing Law
Any claim relating to NYSCC shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties, their heirs, successors, assigns, and personal representatives. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. Its terms can be modified only in writing agreed upon by both parties, except that the user may authorize expenses or revisions orally. Any dispute arising out of this agreement will be resolved by negotiation between the parties. If they are unable to resolve the dispute, either party may commence mediation and/or binding arbitration through the American Arbitration Association. A waiver of a breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York and courts of such state shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue.
- Service Maintenance Windows
NYSCC and its representatives reserve the right to service the website in situations requiring emergency maintenance, upgrades or other seen or unforeseen circumstances. Every effort will be made to arrange the service maintenance window during non-business hours.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
NYSCC and its Third Parties may, from time to time, send direct marketing materials promoting products and services to users based on their personal data, but suitable opt-out mechanisms are provided.
NYSCC and its Third Parties make every effort to protect the privacy of users, but given the nature of the Internet, it cannot guarantee perfect security.
Users may be asked to provide with personally-identifiable information such as name and e-mail address. This is necessary to provide the users the various services and activities offered on this web site. Users are not obliged to supply the data, but if they do not, the services and activities will be unavailable.
IP address of the computer used to visit our web site may be recorded.
In consideration for the New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists (“Society”) allowing you to register for and attend this event, you agree that (a) the Society has no responsibility for or obligation to you for any injury or damage suffered by you at or related to this event, including any injury or damage arising from travel to or from event; and (b) you will not make any claim or bring any law suit against the Society relating to the event; (c) you indemnify and hold the Society harmless from any and all claims by or on your behalf related to the event; and (d) the Society has the right to use your name [and contact information ?] on a list of those who have registered for the event that it makes available to attendees and sponsors.
- For cancellations received by NYSCC at least 30 days prior to a conference or seminar, a full refund, will be provided to the registrant.
- For cancellations received less than 30 days prior to a conference or seminar, a credit towards attendance at a future conference or seminar will be provided.
- No refunds or credits will be provided for no-shows and cancellation notifications received after the conference or seminar is held.
Refunds of Revenue Received
The following policies apply to refunds associated with revenue collected by NYSCC:
It is the policy of NYSCC to require the following in connection with any refund transaction:
- Written request from the payor for a refund, via mail, facsimile or e-mail.
- Approval by the Event Chair.
- Approval by two members from the Executive Board.
- All refunds, once approved, will be processed within 7 business days.
PURPOSE AND USE OF DATA
Information collected is used for the followings:
- monitoring use of the web site to help its further development
- compiling aggregate statistics about our users to analyze site usage
- creating accounts for users who intend to register with the services offered on this web site and maintaining such accounts
- identifying and verifying identity of the users who used the services offered on this web site
- communicating with the users in respect of matters related to or arising from the use of the services offered on this web site
We also intend to use your name, contact details and the information as to the goods and services which you were/might be interested in, for delivering information that you may be interested in, such as targeted banners, new services and products and other promotions and marketing materials and conducting direct marketing including products, services, advice and subjects in relation to the followings:
TRANSFER OF DATA
User information will not generally be disclosed or transferred to any other party in a form that would identify them except those to parties relevant and reasonably necessary for the purposes stated above.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.