Technical Sales Representative
Biosil Technologies, Inc., a global supplier of specialty ingredients in the personal care market, is seeking a Technical Sales Representative. The territory will cover the North Eastern U.S. and parts of the Midwest. The position will require more than 50% travel and will report to our office in Allendale, NJ when not traveling.
General responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers.
- Visiting R&D centers, product developers, purchasing, and and formulators.
- Identifying customer needs and initiating new projects.
- Creating marketing material.
- Participating in industry trade shows.
- B.S. in Chemistry or related science.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Sales experience a plus.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Lab Chemist
Kobo Products, Inc., a raw material cosmetic/personal care manufacturer and distributor, is seeking an experienced Applications Lab Chemist.
The preferred candidate should have strong communication skills, and at least 3-5 years formulation experience in color cosmetics.
- Formulate a wide variety of new cosmetic formulas.
- Ability to troubleshoot formulas.
- Develop and make presentations.
- Attend trade shows to support sales with customer discussions.
- Flexibility to attend seminars and conferences, if requested.
- Ability to work with customers in Kobo’s labs to create new finished products with them.
- 3-5 years industry experience on the bench formulating cosmetics (ie. Emulsions, Anhydrous systems, Powders, and Sunscreens).
- Knowledge of cosmetic/personal care raw materials (ie. functionality, interactions, and regulatory limits).
- Strong problem solving and communication skills (oral and written).
- Flexibility to travel domestic and internationally.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Microsoft Office experience required (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
- B.S. degree in related field preferred.
Please send resume and include salary requirements to email@example.com. Please reference “Applications Lab Chemist” in the subject field.
IFF, located in Union Beach, NJ, has an immediate opening for a Research Director who will lead the identification, research, and development of delivery technologies that provide IFF with new opportunities for profitable growth. This position will support the strategic mission of the Delivery and Material Technology Team via planning and execution of complex technical work under general direction of management. This will involve identifying, developing and prototyping delivery technologies based on a critical assessment of the patent and scientific literature, identified customer and consumer needs, and opportunities for competitive advantage.
- Innovation: Identify emerging trends and opportunities for truly differentiating product technologies and integrate into research program. Collaborate in development and execution of intellectual property strategy to ensure long-term strategic advantage.
- External Perspective: Establish and lead relationships with academic and industry partners that expand technical capabilities leading to breakthrough technologies.
- Program Leadership: Develop technical approaches, create novel methods and prototypes as well as formulate and execute sound technology validation plans.
- This position will require an expert-level understanding of encapsulation and other delivery systems, material science and related manufacturing processes. The ideal candidate for this position should be able to demonstrate skills to justify eventual promotion to positions of significantly greater responsibility within the organization.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or other appropriate discipline.
- 10-15 years of industrial and/or post-doctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct original and independent research as evidenced by patents, publications, etc.
- Expert-level understanding of delivery systems.
- Evidence of significant involvement in new technology development and commercialization.
- Strong track record of leading the development of new technologies from concept to commercialization.
For more information go to www.iff.com/careers. Reference ID is 1702-292.
Sensient, located in South Plainfield, NJ, is seeking and Applications Chemist.
Prepare personal care products following existing formulations under directions of Manager and Senior Chemist. Maintain and manage inventories of existing prototypes for customers, sales kits and trade shows. Participate in new product development on as needed basis. Conduct all appropriate testing, including stability, order raw materials and lab supplies.
- Must handle multiple projects.
- Prepare prototypes formulations.
- Maintain prototype formulations stock.
- Maintain accurate laboratory records.
- Assist in new product development.
- Color matching, evaluations of samples and raw materials.
- Interface with Technical Services and Quality Control.
- Maintain supplies and equipment necessary to develop, package and distribute prototype samples in response to Sales needs.
- Abide by company policies/procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related science preferred.
One to two years of applications formulation in color cosmetics is preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Interested candidates should send resumes with salary expectations to: Nada Vansaghi at firstname.lastname@example.org Please use subject line: Applications Chemist-NJ.
Formulation Chemist (Dayton, NJ)
Salvona Technologies, a technology company specializing in advanced controlled release systems in nanotechnology and microencapsulation for topical (skin) applications, is seeking a Formulation Chemist in its Dayton, NJ facility.
- Develop practical final formulations for the personal care and dermatology markets.
- Conduct skin/scalp/hair tests to affirm product efficacy.
- Qualify products and evaluate product stability.
- Practical knowledge required:
- 1-3 years of formulation experience.
- Practical experience in the field of cosmetic, personal care, dermatology, or household product development is preferred.
- Knowledge of topical skin care formulation ingredients, procedures, and esthetics (Cosmetic/Dermatological preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teams and prospects.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on achieving commercial goals.
- Proven ability to work independently, being motivated and self disciplined.
- Familiar with Excel and able to compute and interpret basic statistical analysis (Student’s t test).
- Familiar with Powerpoint and able to present technical project reviews.
- Able to handle multiple tasks under stressful conditions.
- Excellent verbal communication and computer skills.
- Hands on person.
How to Apply:
At this time, our company is not offering to sponsor visa candidates.
Hayward Laboratories Subs, ET Browne Drug Co. Inc. has several professional positions open. We are located in East Stroudsburg PA, minutes from Northwest NJ, located right over RT 80 in the Delaware Water Gap area.
1.QA Lab manager
- Manage all testing requirements for raw materials and finished goods.
- Assure that company meets all regulations including GMP and GLP in accordance with FDA and European ISO standards.
- Manage supplier approval programs.
- Minimum B.S. degree in applied science, and 5 years’ experience in OTC/Cosmetic environment.
- Familiarity with advanced analytical instrumentation is a plus, and must have good computer skills.
- Must be a leader, team player, and self-starter.
2. International Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Assure product and ingredient regulatory compliance to support export markets.
- Correspond with regulatory bodies and foreign subsidiaries as needed.
- Assess regulatory trends and developments in cosmetic and personal care products.
- Interact with marketing, sales, and product development regarding EU, ASEAN, NICNAS, ANVESA, etc.
- Minimum B.S. degree in an applied science.
- Minimum 5 years regulatory compliance experience in cosmetics and personal care.
3. Analytical Chemist, Instrumentation Specialist
- Must be able to operate and maintain HPLC , GC , FTIR , and UV VIS instrumentation.
- Must be familiar with sunscreen, preservative, and other method development, calibration, validation, and transfer.
- Responsible for supporting other activities of the QC laboratory.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry or related field.
- 3+ years experience in an OTC/Cosmetic environment, and USP procedures.
Please forward your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Playtex, a division of Energizer Personal Care located in Allendale, NJ, is a leading manufacturer and distributor of consumer and personal care products. The Regulatory Affairs Specialist provides regulatory guidance and support to the successful commercialization of all personal care product categories, with emphasis on cosmetics and OTC drugs. A Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Chemistry and 4-6 years related regulatory experience is required. Must have thorough knowledge of FDA regulations and experience with cosmetic, drug, and/or device product registration required.
Apply online: http://www.energizerholdings.com/en/careers/external/Pages/index.aspx
Rodan + Fields, LLC is seeking a scientist with technical understanding of skin care and OTC product categories to play a pivotal role in the development and manufacturing of the company’s domestic and international skin care and OTC products. 7+ years of skincare product development and manufacturing experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field is required. Responsibilities include moving product prototypes from the formulation stage, through scale-up, into full-scale manufacturing and through product life-cycle manufacturing. Responsibilities also include process improvements, implementation of formulation changes, CMO technical management and, with the quality group, implementation of corrective actions.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sales Representative: Cosmetic Specialties Northeast
Independent Chemical Corporation
The Technical Sales Representative will promote the sales of Independent Chemical’s Cosmetic Specialty and Commodity Products in his/her territory and, in certain cases, also develop the business at Regional or Global Key Accounts, traveling up to 70% of the time. This position reports to our Glendale, NY home office but will be home based, and the candidate must live within the territory. The territory consists of the Northeast United States beginning in Northern NJ and north to Eastern Canada. The sales target for the Territory is approximately $5 million.
- Develop new applications for Specialty Products while growing Commodity Products; optimize selling prices taking into account profit volume opportunities on commodities across our product lines.
- Set pricing for commodities to meet company targets.
- Develop contacts with customers at all levels in the commercial and technical departments to strengthen their business relationship with Independent Chemical.
- Regularly monitor the financial situation of his/her customers and make sure that their payments to Independent are on time.
- Plan all customer visits through the establishment of clear objectives and action plans.
- Produce and keep updated a Market Data Base of the territory where all the relevant information on customers, volumes, and prices of the commodities used, their application, and the competitors positioning is available.
- Independently set commodity pricing in cooperation with supplier pricing to meet profit targets. Choose which products to offer for specific markets.
- Weekly reporting on the major accomplishments and challenges in his/her territory.
- Work in close cooperation with the Customer Support Representatives and Sourcing group for new materials
- Have strong technical knowledge of the Specialties and Commodities in the different cosmetic applications and keep this knowledge updated.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years in a cosmetics formulation lab—skin, hair, or color.
- 2-5 years of sales experience in service and technology based industries.
- Cosmetics specialty chemical sales experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in solving commercial and technical problems with customers.
- Strong interpersonal/sales background coupled with an understanding of the sales process and selling excellence methods.
Respond to: Jonathan@Independentchemical.com
More info: WWW.Independentchemical.com
EnglewoodLab, the new standard for innovation and contract manufacturing, has an opening for a Senior R&D Chemist. This position is located in Englewood, NJ.
- Formulation of all types of Skin Care and Sun Care products including but not limited to creams, lotions, serums, and other innovation upscale skin care solutions.
- Knowledge of cosmetic/personal care raw materials, functionality, and interactions.
- Understanding of emulsion and surfactant technology as well as general formulation techniques.
- Must be able to perform and monitor product stability.
- Must be a team player but able to work independently.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, or related field.
- 5+ years R&D bench experience formulating skin care products.
- Knowledge of industry trends.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Creative thinking, technical writing, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
To apply, please contact Ni’Kita Wilson at email@example.com, or David Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls Please!
Skincare Product Engineer
Rodan + Fields is seeking a Product Engineer to join its Product Development team. We are seeking a scientist with a strong technical understanding of our product category to play a pivotal role in the development and manufacturing of the company’s domestic and international skincare and OTC products. The Product Engineer will be responsible for moving product prototypes from the formulation stage, through scale-up, into full-scale manufacturing, and through product life-cycle manufacturing. Responsibilities will also include process improvements, implementation of formulation changes, CMO technical management and, with the quality group, implementation of corrective actions. The Product Engineer will report to the Director of Product Development.
- Work with Product Development team, outside labs, and/or CMOs to assist in the development of formulations that meet all product aesthetics, quality, safety, costs, benchmarking, and performance criteria from the perspective of manufacturing feasibility.
- Manage critical relationships with external formulation labs, contract manufacturers, fragrance houses, and R&D partners.
- In partnership with the regulatory group ensure all products are compliant with relevant U.S. and international regulations.
- Work with Operations/Quality functions to scale-up, validate, and commercialize all new product introductions including formulation modifications and improvements.
- Provide technical innovation to formulations including ingredients and delivery systems.
- Proactively research new concepts, materials, technical opportunities, and partnerships for products and manufacturing.
- 7+ years of skincare product development and manufacturing experience; hair care product experience a plus.
- Experience in skincare and OTC product categories.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Chemistry or related science.
- Experience in dealing with multiple CMOs that specialize in dermatological product development and manufacturing. Knowledge of the best in class CMO facilities to optimize the product development lifecycle.
- Experience and knowledge to anticipate various technical and regulatory hurdles in developing these products for global registration and commercialization.
- In-depth understanding of the issues and controls for the scale-up of these products for both pilot scale and commercial scale.
- Sound understanding of the basic principles of good experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills.
- Good time management and ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced level knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and IT systems.
R&D Chemist – Color Cosmetics
Dermaceutical Laboratories, a customhouse contract manufacture in Teterboro, NJ, is seeking a senior R&D Chemist to join our team.
- Develop and formulate all color cosmetics related products including lipsticks, powders, foundations, eye shadows, etc.
- Prepare and conduct stability and compatibility testing.
- Manage a team of technicians.
- Interact with manufacturing, marketing, purchasing, and quality departments.
- Oversee production batches when necessary.
- Degree in Chemisty or related science.
- 5+ years experience in the personal care/cosmetics industry.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and have solid managerial skills to lead team.
- Knowledge of industry trends.
If interested, please submit resume to: email@example.com.
Kobo Products, Inc., a raw material cosmetic/personal care manufacturer and distributor, is seeking an experienced Scientist for Technical Service.
- Provide technical support to the sales team and customers.
- Complete forms and questionnaires.
- Prepare and maintain MSDS and other technical documents.
- Inspect the documents of raw materials and distributed products.
- Release new products.
- Run lab experiments on assignment on limited basis.
- 2-4 years experience supporting technical service in the cosmetic or personal care industry.
- Knowledge of global regulations required.
- REACH EU regulation experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Chemistry major preferred.
- Person must able to multitask in a fast pace environment and possess strong communication skills.
- Microsoft Office experience required (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
Please send resume and include salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Associate Scientist” in the subject field.
When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world – George Washington Carver.